Went to a gig last night...

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Went to a gig last night...

Postby park11 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:35 am

... are they always that crazy?!

Hi Fi in Brisbane (Queensland, AU)
Was the 3rd person in at a 1,100 person sold-out gig. Everyone sang almost every word to every song. Great atmosphere. Went off in choruses and everyone had hoarse voices by the end, but the people pushing, running and shoving got so mental... all girls had to vacate the area... I've got a massive lump on my forehead from being headbutted.

And in the encore (Brand New Bass Guitar and Sheila) about 15 or 20 of us rushed the stage. Was killer.

Still on a high 20 hours later. :D

(Might get some pics and vids up later - not sure about the quality)
park11

Re: Went to a gig last night...

Postby Lips » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:51 am

park11 wrote:(Might get some pics and vids up later - not sure about the quality)

do this!!

sounds like the new tour has raised the bar on mental gigs. i mean they have always been really brilliant, everyone dancing mad, but these new ones sound a little more mental..if not violent dare i say it....maybe he's been listening to slipknot lately :P
x
Lips

Postby airfix-fighter » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Sounds like the first of his gigs I ever went to in June 2006. Tiny little place which should probably only have had about 100 people in with about 250. Everyone was mental in there. At one stage me and a friend had to move in order not to be pushed into Jamie on a stage about an inch off the floor.

So I'd go for yeah, always been a bit crazy. :)
airfix-fighter

Postby BlakeEverhart » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Please post pics! Ha so i can live through you!!

im stoked the crowds are gettn into it, goin crazy like they at a Rancid show
BlakeEverhart

Postby Kings&Queens » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:23 pm

is it safe for girls to go to JT's gigs? :lol: glad you'd a good time.
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby park11 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 pm

I'll get the pictures up a bit after the weekend... internet got capped so it wouldn't go so well right now. lol.

Managed to get a decent vid of If You Got the Money, however I was gutted when Back in the Game got corrupted. :(

Well, safe for girls if there's guys to look after them. No joke. Get pushed around so easily. And if you're not careful it's dead easy to fall. Almost had a MASS pile-up during Salvador when I think some people started to fall at one end and took basically a couple hundred people with them. Scarily enough timed just about to perfection with the lyrics "a tissue they all fall down"... and we near bloody did! Would've been proper messy.
park11

Postby Bugle » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:50 am

Urgh I dont mind everyone going crazy and dancing and stuff, I hope Jamie T gigs dont turn in to things full of 14 year old's thinking there well hardcore and 'moshing' I would fuuuuucking hate that.
Bugle

Postby Mr_Gosh » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:08 pm

park11 wrote:Well, safe for girls if there's guys to look after them.

Ha, you're fucked, airfix.
Mr_Gosh

Postby Evert72 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:54 pm

BlakeEverhart wrote:Please post pics! Ha so i can live through you!!

Yeah Rancid gigs and Jamie T gigs are a smiliar experince to me. Probabbly will be even more so with his new material.

Seriously cant wait to see him in Leeds on the 14th! Become totaly jaded with the usual student night out, drum and base/chart s**t. Need some decent music theropy.
they call it a scene I call it disaster
down here the kids grow up faster
Evert72

Postby BlakeEverhart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Evert72 wrote:
BlakeEverhart wrote:Please post pics! Ha so i can live through you!!

Yeah Rancid gigs and Jamie T gigs are a smiliar experince to me. Probabbly will be even more so with his new material.

Seriously cant wait to see him in Leeds on the 14th! Become totaly jaded with the usual student night out, drum and base/chart s**t. Need some decent music theropy.

Thats awesome!!

damn you guys dont know how lucky you are you get to see him!
Im so jealous
BlakeEverhart

Postby Ste » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:42 pm

last time I saw him it was mad as fuck. did he jump in the crowd much? I was a bit worried about how long he cud keep it up tho hopefully it'll be just as crazy come october tour. I think im gunna get tickets for Preston gig even tho ive got Manchester Academy tickets, purely cos last time was so good.
Ste

Postby park11 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 pm

BlakeEverhart wrote:
Evert72 wrote:
damn you guys dont know how lucky you are you get to see him!
Im so jealous

Believe me, I know exactly how lucky I was to go see him. But I mean, tickets only sold out the day before the actual gig, soooooo >.>

Ste wrote:last time I saw him it was mad as fuck. did he jump in the crowd much?

Nah, he wouldn't have lasted long in that crowd... they'd've jumped him. Heaps of people got hoisted up and chucked on stage. Then taken away by security. The fifth bloke was singing with his arm around Jamie and as the security blokes came out Jamie tells him to jump back in the crowd. But at the end when 20 of us were there, no chance of them getting us all, so they didn't bother trying. lol

Bugle wrote:Urgh I dont mind everyone going crazy and dancing and stuff, I hope Jamie T gigs dont turn in to things full of 14 year old's thinking there well hardcore and 'moshing' I would fuuuuucking hate that.

Lucky for me it was an 18+ gig... thank God.
But I fully understand your concern.
park11

Postby StrawberryFields » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Fuckin hell, that's a bit scary, I'm a girl and I plan to see the gig on my own!!
(Well, if I do find tickets, that is...)
StrawberryFields

Postby airfix-fighter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:36 pm

StrawberryFields wrote:Fuckin hell, that's a bit scary, I'm a girl and I plan to see the gig on my own!!

Most guys if you just ask them to calm down will. Just make sure you don't say it to any that are quite obviously and blatantly off their face though.
airfix-fighter

Postby Kings&Queens » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:17 am

StrawberryFields wrote:Fuckin hell, that's a bit scary, I'm a girl and I plan to see the gig on my own!!
same. i'm going with my sister. :P
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Next

Return to All Things Jamie T