Lyrics Kings & Queens (from booklet)

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Lyrics Kings & Queens (from booklet)

Postby Kings&Queens » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:06 am

in this thread you can find all lyrics of Jamie T's second album Kings & Queens. you can either click one of the links below to read the lyrics, or you could scroll down to read them.

Hocus Pocus

Sticks 'n' Stones

The Man's Machine

Emily's heart

Chaka Demus

Spider's Web

Castro Dies

Earth, Wind & Fire

British Intelligence

Jilly Armeen
Last edited by Kings&Queens on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 19 times in total.
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby Gusbus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:33 pm

are the rest of the song lyrics ever going to get posted? As my ex lost the booklet that came with the special edition version of the album :?
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Postby Kings&Queens » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:07 pm

haha yeah. :P it's a lot of work to put them on here so i really couldn't be arsed to post them all at once. i will post the rest of the lyrics next week.
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby Gusbus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:17 pm

cheers mate, btw, i'm still waiting for my EP to arrive, but as soon as it does i'll send it your way :D
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Postby Kings&Queens » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:36 pm

ok that's great! :)
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 pm

it took me about 3 months to post all the lyrics but they're finally there. enjoy.
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 pm

wrapped in cling film staying till the morning working in a shop of new bond street, lived in your building high up on the ceiling when she rushed the floorboards creaked // out in this town haunting again your calling up my friends, trying to find out where I've been I'm a holdng holding again, gave money to the man he put a bag in hand, said don't you understand, this isn't the way out this is the way in, ya doubling ya troubling // chorus: well he's 300 300 and 68 x 3 ml down // where come from where you at jack is it ya clothes the bullet holes or the shit up ya nose, that makes your body contort like that, like a denmark st thief feeding the crack, the clap applauds the phahore, for the fractured jaw that was given to a government tax, way back then when maggie aggie aggie, always made him sad but she never made him happy, I was lost weak bleak in the street, knocked me off of my feet, hanging round with the people I should never meet, I always believed that the air that we breathed would choke our lungs and clog up our arteries now down on my knees saying up for a please, take him down throw him out and then you call the police, now I'm out there sitting in the gutter, rolling back down before you come upper // chorus // verse 2: while the nameless were swapping infections, ketamine jim he had a spin went mad and got sectioned, I was outside trying to shot gun a ride off a guy who like I has no sense of direction, tension is building in the white heart pub, by the time we drove by the floor's covered in blood, man next to me said they're all fucking mugs used to roll with them cunts before I fell in love with a brunette roughneck fits like a glove, kept me back down when I came back up, when my feet hit the ground man I started to run, and since that day thats all that I done, so if you ever see me when the town falls down, jester starts screamings as he steals the queens crown, well you'll know that they'll be lost and that I'll be found, because I'm300 and 68 down // chorus // bridge: it's the only way that you're getting out, if you hang around boys round here they'll bring you down x 2 // chorus
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Hocus Pocus
bullets flying over head hear them through the walls as you lie in bed, know you're fighting for the one you love, but this time son I'm telling you to run // lost myself in things I shouldn't do, came 2 years later without you, the things I've done and the things I've seen, I've been so wrong to so many the team is all looking like they're all past up and awat disowned from their homes and their families, well I can't see myself in the dream, the dream I saw was all around me got // chorus: hocus pocus three men jokers, barristers beast policemen thieves, three queens and broken dreams, a bottle full of trouble and a gambling fiend // verse 2: well the jokers looking over as he pulling an ace, the malitia take cover under my staircase, witches in the kitchen bitching and itching, while two old school friends haunt the hall ways, the host proposed a toast all of the ghost, and the ones that loved us the hearts we broke say, I'll never make that promise again once was enough all around me got // chorus // verse 3: as I came to I looked for you in the cupboards and the drawers, and the toilet queue, asked the medicine man if he heard any news, he told me I'd thrown you out last june, grabbed the politician by the neck threatened to use, fists in a fight to find out the truth, he said you set the scene son everyday, you can't blame the dammed for your own mistakes, while the mason he was pacing in my living room, emme had a child growing up in the womb, I said I'm staying in I never felt like I left, my last breath was taken in conjunction with // chorus
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Sticks 'n' Stones
when there's no one left to fight, boys like him don't shine so bright, as soon as I see the dust settle, he's out on the town trying to find trouble x 2 // I took a train again away from shame and blame of city pain to see a friend I hadn't seen since I was drinking underage, I was a ten a day, how'd you say, little shit, white lightning heightening on my courage quick wit, we were thick as thieves in wallabees button shirts and whisky mutton dressed as lamd, fan of bands like Jam Jam Jam Jam I don't know who I am, he said I don't know if I can, I said yeah man you can can // when there's no one left to fight, boys like him don't shine so bright, as soon as I see the dust settle, he's out on the town trying to find trouble x 2 // so drunk and being sick I felt like shit I gotta quit, I hope I haven't missed the last train can't be stuck in hampton wick, with the boys across the platform shouting light weight prick, well I'm a feather weight champion cheap to get pissed, if candy were here with a beer she defer deal with it, tell em all to shut their mouths and suck their mummas dicks, but seeing as she aint I will hold 3 fingers down hold the other 2 up and I'll sing this proud // chorus: running with believers, no time for fever and I haven't got time for you either, with your stick n stones sticks n stones I take em all on my own x 2 // as I travel down the track all my memories flood back, we were running like infantry men back to your momma's flat, it's the place but home I feel relaxed enough to crap, I know it sounds crude but there's something in that, how's danny doing hear he's high flying and that, stockbrocker in the city with a lady and a baby, and fee is she free from the demons she had, was it two months clean routine ro relapse // chorus // she smoked all of your weed, asked why the loved ones have to leave, why when you take the lead they syab you in the back till you can't breathe, when you're bleeding on the floor no one hears your call at all, she screamed out to the party you are sheep and cattle // I was hanging out with louie in the shooting gallery when the news got through to me about you and jeremy, pat on my back and a swig on my brew, you're still my friend it's impossible to hate you, cradle to the grave I hope we always misbehave, people let us down and they rain on our parade, girls we love leave when we want them to stay like today remember what joey say // when there's no one left to fight, boys like us don't shine so bright, as soon as I see the dust settle, let's go out and find some trouble //chorus
Last edited by Kings&Queens on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 pm

The Man's Machine
better the devil of the you know, confess I guess was the lesser of the two evils, converless about the stress the test caused ha dme up and on the board, now I'm chairman of the board I'm coming back for sequels, did you ever really think ya won, na ya feeble nothing on this far gone son, or his people know nothing of the shit I've don, I've sailed the seven seas to catch breeze and took it back home a trunk, met a matador who said is wild women is more, terrifying than any red bull that he saw, set a sail set a rail met them kings and queens, there so many ups to the amphetamines, well her dream would have been that the got clean, that her father never got his hand caught up in the mans machine, but it seems even if I go away there's always apart of me willing to stay in // chorus: stone glass concrete and gravel, all we got to keep us together, stone glass concrete and gravel underground travel in overcast weather, stone glass concrete and gravel, all we got to keep us together, stone glass concrete and gravel maybe one day things will get better // I've met god and monsters women from wisconsin swimming in linen with another that's not their partnet chicago guitar bass drum on my journey I met earnie showed me spots were al capone got drunk, I'm a lover I'm a brother a son, I'm a traitor and I'm on the run, watch em cum as she said while she's driving in her car katies drunker than the bar, she's been smacking hard shoulders since before she's legal, well I'm a dragnet running through a city of sin and he's a hard done bastard taking it in well I see what I say and save it on the way you can't sit and bawl but they're bawling away well she's cried all the tears for all of their fears for the fact that no one sees her here well it seems even if we go away there's always a part of me willing to stay // chorus // bridge: well he said run run boyo chase it to the border border should of orta sorta told her I was cannon fodder would of if I could of screamed to a shouting holla then I could of saved the girl from the mans machine x 2 // chorus
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Emily's heart
a bottle of wine and old 45's, a rifle in the corner that her grandfather left her when he died, said no surprise I've had to use it quite a few times so jay don't you ever, let us down don't you ever I'll have to shoot you down and no one will hear a sound // chorus: bruised and bloodied, I'm lying on the ground, I am aware that I let the poor girl down, and now I'm dying as a message to the town, this is what happends if you fuck her around, and meddle if you want trouble if you want trouble then you should meddle, but don't ever meddle with Emily's heart // verse 2: she said get your coat come on, to the dog track with a money wrap, yeah we had some fun, left with more cos we won, I was under investigations on suspicions of doing her wrong she said, you've become a villain accused of a hit and run, said she hit me first and I say it's the worst that I ever felt in a broken heart, so with blood stains on a shirt crease of she pays the due, and when I left she said that your last breath will be down by the station at 2, so she shot me down // chorus // as she said I'm user and she's a loser with a gun, I said if you choose to it becomes hard to include anyone, so if you stay would you put it away or should I run, she said I think you know the answer to your question, so for the smiles and all of the miles the engines done, the further I drive away the closer we become, so if I stay would you put it away and forgive just one son, she said jay I think you know the answer to ya question // chorus
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Chaka Demus
a lot of people around here, have lost the whites in there eyes, I see the lust inside ya heart, so why don't you go and touch the sky // think with the head argue with the gut, draft throug leave the door open it might encourage customers in I wish the bar made shut look like shit down on my luck, 2 world wars and 1 world cup, screamed by the desperate divided crutch, used to have an empire then we grew up, lost everything who gives a fuck, money in the jukebox rots all night same shit bands too much hype, everyone knows everyone sees fights, everyone drinks on the corner right, everyone knows as I see blood type same we match, and we match up to like I love her she loves me too thats why we get together // chorus // verse: he's dizzy for lizzy I'm dizzy generally shapegoated by a gril befriending me, not that I care its the only use for me she bounce of walls through doors, I tend to be everything I wanna be and everything less I stress this guess ta front the mistress heave and a heavy on your lungs down your spine shit I got pleurisy // ya leaving alone but you cam together who made the sun turn stormy weather ya leaving alone but you cam together who made the sun turn stormy weather // chorus // verse: she said jay tonight I'm gonna teach them a ballad an englishman in every coward I was kinda impressed by the way she dressed I've sourced this land to find a dirl empowered asked her again why her heart turned sour one of the ones that the boys devoured if you gonna learn a song gotta sing along there's an englishman in every coward money in the jukebox rots all night same shit bands, with too much hype everyone knows everyone sees fights, everyone drinks on the corner right, everyone knows as I see blood type same we match, and we match up to like I love her she loves me too that's why we get together // chorus
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Spider's Web
they think wére fools sitting on the corner, older you get the more like your father the more I drink the more like my brother. seem to have picked up on a callus trait, hate people who think there life is a drama, making in jokes about americana, amusing myself is worth it for the karma, obama sounds like osama to me // well my bedroom's watched by an intafada, kids with bricks on strips in gaza point at me in my pyjamas, laugh and scream get out of bed. I say I am I got plans I'm meeting up with martha. I'm a shoulder she's robert palma acts like a twat but she's a top banana, might as well admit she's addicted to love // caught up in a spider's web, it's not the first time playing dead, they know something oh well we're running, I know they'll catch up in the end // verse 2: you walked in last with a dirty barbour found me at the bad in fits of laughter, said you've been seen out digging the past with arthur you'd rather, just walk in the rain at a party with ash as they smash a pinata, can i leave some stuff here for you to look after, I'll be back around probably in the mid summer new york new york man i love the city // chorus // bridge: and in the hustle and the bustle I feel I'm in trouble, and I trip and then I stumble I feel myself fall in the hustle and bustle, it's too rough I tumble in the gravel and the rubble can your me call x 2 // well with a wheezing chest and a leaking ceiling, baby next door screaming all evening, the beatings we got and the ones we're seeking we're stubborn as fuck and I'm proud to say that me and ben skeleton mixed our own medicine, never let a critic affect our direction, barricade doors with a pale complexion, program a beat bones I'll just keep telling them how selling them a brand is a band complication a man in a room with a survey for the station, trying to get it on air no care for creation I guess it's all part of indoctrination // bridge // chorus // bridge//
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Castro Dies
ya messing up my mind you do it all the time and that's why enemies enemies and lovers will never be friends of mine // speak treat west like a stain on the chest of a white collar, why do I bother money love hates honour grates if I look, down im a gonna I'll end up working for the bbc as a runner, burning bills slaughed my fish wonder died of hunger, friends stopped calling this time last summer, I gotta get there before castro's dies // plight my guilt with highs she smuggled with trouble in bubble wrap, up the gap stapped between her she seemed so shy considering she got balls that are twice the size, of you plus me plus the give me let me try, better buy them all cos they're in short supply, so here's a conversation we can have when we fly, got to get there before castro // chorus // I have a lesson learned enemy burned I'm saving up my bandages, a non believer turned can be the loyalist of advocates, an aggregate I'm smashing it I'm lacking and jacking the chips ya stacking and spending them all on sandwiches, you ask me how it's done, I just know kow to handle it, see through cynic critic scum who think your branded packages and if you wanna come you know what I'll be brandishing, a speaker full of lyrics beats and loops that I've been sampling // chorus //
Last edited by Kings&Queens on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kings&Queens

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Earth, Wind & Fire
queens in the pocket girl in a locket say boys wanna knock it others wanna rob it // I see when ya look stunning running for the friends of mine, well it's more for the power an the hour after hour well he's itching for the powder one time, well it's dear for the fire hate for the liar living the bass and beat, close to the wire no one wanna hire didn't want a working week, well the ole town crier looks for a buyer finding your feet in dreams of schemes and drug filled fiends will be fine for someone to meet // chorus: I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again it's earth wind and fire I don't own thunder it's owned by a love of mine // with the beat of a drum the made your head spun see no hear no speak no son, look like a gun held by the young in a far gone land shooting everyone, fee fee fi fi fo fo fum is the package in the back becoming a problem, fee fee fi fi fo fo fum is the habit that you still have fun, counting on ya losses carrying crosses looking at your face in the dirt, travelling buses hiding from the rozzerz pretending that your extravert, well the girl you accosted and then took hostage escaped while you were at work, after three tears two days paranoid drug haze couldn't stand the live a life of hurt // chorus: I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again it's earth wind and fire I don't own thunder it's owned by a love of mine, with water blood and wine she temps me back time after time, well it's earth wind and fire I don't own thunder, it's owned by a love of mine //
Kings&Queens

Next

Return to All Things Jamie T