For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

jamie t on nme cover

Postby limelight36 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:52 pm

at last!

someone scan, please!
limelight36

Postby Evert72 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:25 pm

NME you say. Yawn.. I couldn’t care less to be honest. Wake me when something interesting happens like he reschedules the damn tour!
they call it a scene I call it disaster
down here the kids grow up faster
Evert72

Postby Kings&Queens » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:08 pm

i'm gonna buy it but i don't have a scanner. :P
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby Chardelli2 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:50 pm

How did they rate the new album?
Yeah man you can can!
Chardelli2

Postby limelight36 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:25 pm

there is a video of jamie interview on the website. in a video player
limelight36

Postby Mr_Gosh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:49 pm

limelight36 wrote:there is a video of jamie interview on the website. in a video player

1m22s

Chardelli2 wrote:How did they rate the new album?

PEW!
Mr_Gosh

Postby BlakeEverhart » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:56 am

someones gotta scan this! no one selse nme out here
BlakeEverhart

Postby Kings&Queens » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:19 am

Chardelli2 wrote:Had a quick read of it earlier and thought it was pretty interesting.

The thing that left me slightly puzzled was where Jamie said he was annoyed that people had accused him of writing music for future BNP members. Now I know a few on here thought the Chaka Demus video was shot by Adolphus Hitler himself :lol: but how can people seriously accuse him of writing anything BNP orientated?

The only lyric that could possibly be interpreted as nationalistic - that I can work out is: "theres an englishman in every coward" from Chaka Demus.

Am i missing something here?

BlakeEverhart wrote:man ive been trying to get a hold of that article! they dont sell nme out here, i wish i could read it!

i think people take jamie t's lyrics too literally

Lips wrote:was there anything else interesting in the article?
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby AlienBiohazard » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:55 pm

I want it! I can't freakin' buy it here! Anyone who would want to send it to me? :P
AlienBiohazard

Postby limelight36 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Kings&Queens wrote:
Chardelli2 wrote:Had a quick read of it earlier and thought it was pretty interesting.

The thing that left me slightly puzzled was where Jamie said he was annoyed that people had accused him of writing music for future BNP members. Now I know a few on here thought the Chaka Demus video was shot by Adolphus Hitler himself :lol: but how can people seriously accuse him of writing anything BNP orientated?

The only lyric that could possibly be interpreted as nationalistic - that I can work out is: "theres an englishman in every coward" from Chaka Demus.

Am i missing something here?

BlakeEverhart wrote:man ive been trying to get a hold of that article! they dont sell nme out here, i wish i could read it!

i think people take jamie t's lyrics too literally

Lips wrote:was there anything else interesting in the article?

he spoke quite a bit about his panic attacks. he drank to calm himself down. how he became agoraphobic until his mate persuaded him to go to an open mike night and someone from EMI came up to him and jamie told him to piss off.
also hes not tired or exhausted or anything, he just needs time off for his throat! apperently people think he is knackered? who exactly?
limelight36

Postby aidan261 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:36 pm

It's a good interview, interesting read. He basically explains that he isn't just postponing the tour because he's exhausted, his doctor told him that the throat takes a long time to fully heal and that if he went on with the tour now he would just end up wrecking his throat even more. He also talks about his first major panic attack and how he thought he was dying and how he tried desperately not to piss himself. He then goes on to explain how he virtually became a recluse in his late teens cos he was so affraid to go out in case he had a panic attack and that he used to carry around a can of beer in his bag because drink calmed his nerves and made him less likely to have an attack, you can probably read it on the nme website
It's all been done before and, we do it again.....
aidan261

Postby Kings&Queens » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:31 pm

AlienBiohazard wrote:I want it! I can't freakin' buy it here! Anyone who would want to send it to me? :P
i don't know if it's possible but have you tried ordering it online?

Jamie's also in this week's NME, on the cover is Paramore.
Kings&Queens

Return to All Things Jamie T