The Man's Machine - VIDEO

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

The Man's Machine - VIDEO

Postby s_kimish » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:04 pm

So the video for The Man's Machine is up :D

I'm excited to see what other tracks will come with the release and whether it will be an EP as promised, still doesn't make up for the devastation of cancelled gigs but it's a consolation nonetheless :)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... n=12622550

or if that doesn't work ...

http://fmusictv.com/indie-rock/006886-j ... chine.html

After one watch, I really like it. Typical Jamie T video, you'll know what I mean once you see it. Really feel good and decent mixture of humour as always.
s_kimish

Postby mikeylad222 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Definitely.

I expected nothing less to be honest...good video i like it aswell.
Hey Luis, Hey Luis...Take Us To China Town
mikeylad222

Postby BlakeEverhart » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:05 am

damn that vid was sick, he looks like he might actually be able to play golf
BlakeEverhart

Postby Mr_Gosh » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:28 am

I'm not a fan, it's too all over the place for me. Though airfix will hate it more, she can't stand videos that show the literal representation of lyrics.
Mr_Gosh

Postby park11 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:59 am

Gosh, I hate it when people ask for meanings of lyrics...
Because it's always a case that people want to know what songs mean. I mean, I reckon a lot of Jamie's songs have a sort of set theme and go off on tangents, one meaning is difficult to interpret. As well as the fact that you're supposed to come up with your own. I think I read/heard an interview where Jamie said he doesn't like to tell what the songs mean, instead that it can mean different things to different people.

Okay, say something like Emily's Heart, it's a ballad, and there's not much to interpret. But a lof of other songs he does could mean lots of different things to different listeners... I wouldn't know, I'm only one listener.
park11

Postby GeorgeT » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 am

his best video yet without a doubt, love the sunny vibe. gosh is a goon.
GeorgeT

Postby airfix-fighter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:54 am

GeorgeT wrote:his best video yet without a doubt, love the sunny vibe. gosh is a goon.

Gosh is not a goon. Let's be honest here. Sticks 'n' Stones was him messing about with his mates. This is him messing about with his mates. Why is this one better? Because it's got an "old" looking vibe to it? Wowser.

Let's just forget drunk people in slow motion for If You Got The Money and the dancing child in Salvador, shall we?

Mr_Gosh wrote:Though airfix will hate it more, she can't stand videos that show the literal representation of lyrics.

This is true. Anybody seen the video for Audacity of Huge by Simian Mobile Disco?
What a good video...
:roll:
airfix-fighter

Postby GeorgeT » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:01 pm

airfix-fighter wrote:
GeorgeT wrote:his best video yet without a doubt, love the sunny vibe. gosh is a goon.

Gosh is not a goon. Let's be honest here. Sticks 'n' Stones was him messing about with his mates. This is him messing about with his mates.
Why is this one better? Because it's got an "old" looking vibe to it?
Wowser.

Let's just forget drunk people in slow motion for If You Got The Money and the dancing child in Salvador, shall we?

Mr_Gosh wrote:Though airfix will hate it more, she can't stand videos that show the literal representation of lyrics.

This is true. Anybody seen the video for Audacity of Huge by Simian Mobile Disco?
What a good video...
:roll:

no because its in australia and the colours and the vibe works well with the song.
GeorgeT

Postby Gusbus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:47 pm

absolouty brilliant song, one of the best from the album. typically good video too! mustard :D
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:49 pm

both links are not working for me. it's fucking annoying.
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby StrawberryFields » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Oh, I quite like the video... Except for the bullfighting bit and Pamplona's San Fermines, aarrgghh...
StrawberryFields

Return to All Things Jamie T