Meeting Jamie T

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Meeting Jamie T

Postby BlakeEverhart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 am

Just curious if any one here has met jamie t and what it was like
BlakeEverhart

Postby Mr_Gosh » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:53 am

I stood next to him in his first gig in Cardiff during the support. He watched silently, I watched silently, then he almost elbowed my empty glass off the table. He smiled. I thought "Cock, just because you're Jamie T, doesn't mean you can go around smashing shit up."
Mr_Gosh

Postby Bugle » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:25 am

I met him at Maxilla and got the tube home with him also afterwards, bumped into him walking around V Festival 08 and the bumped into him again wandering around Glasto 09, never talked to him though always thought I would find it awkward if I was a artist had to talk to strangers so I didnt impose.
Bugle

Postby Lips » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:18 am

oxford 2006 - outside the gig, had quite a good chat, he had a lot of time for his fans, still does really.

exeter 2006 - at the back of the room of the gig during the support act, got pics with him and james, he signed a cd and i gave him a mix cd. he liked my jamie t homemade tshirt

bristol 2007 - no meeting this time, don't think he came outside, but usually he always goes outside after the gigs to meet people or he is around the crowd during the support acts

oxford 2008 - outside again, went to the pub with him and the band, they invited me along :) very down to earth people, thanking me for coming to the show and talking about the bsides but with no "im a rockstar" attitude. James in fact remembered meeting me back in exeter, he even remembered my name! Sadly, i'm certain he doesn't carry on handing out the mixtapes anymore.

basically if you go to a JT gig you are very likely to meet him. Longest I had to wait was the oxford 08 one, where i waited outside about an hour.
x
Lips

Postby BlakeEverhart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Lips wrote:oxford 2006 - outside the gig, had quite a good chat, he had a lot of time for his fans, still does really.

exeter 2006 - at the back of the room of the gig during the support act, got pics with him and james, he signed a cd and i gave him a mix cd. he liked my jamie t homemade tshirt

bristol 2007 - no meeting this time, don't think he came outside, but usually he always goes outside after the gigs to meet people or he is around the crowd during the support acts

oxford 2008 - outside again, went to the pub with him and the band, they invited me along :) very down to earth people, thanking me for coming to the show and talking about the bsides but with no "im a rockstar" attitude. James in fact remembered meeting me back in exeter, he even remembered my name! Sadly, i'm certain he doesn't carry on handing out the mixtapes anymore.

basically if you go to a JT gig you are very likely to meet him. Longest I had to wait was the oxford 08 one, where i waited outside about an hour.

Damn! thats so cool, i'd love to chat with JT. U think he's gunna do a US tour anytime soon?
BlakeEverhart

Postby airfix-fighter » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:01 am

I thought he just did a US tour? I don't know. I don't pay enough attention.

I met him once at a signing and my friend had painted a picture of him that she wanted him to sign. Instead he made her sign it and took it saying his Mum'd love it.
He also spelt one of my other friends' name wrong.
He was nice though. :)
airfix-fighter

Postby Bugle » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 am

airfix-fighter wrote:I thought he just did a US tour? I don't know. I don't pay enough attention.

I met him once at a signing and my friend had painted a picture of him that she wanted him to sign. Instead he made her sign it and took it saying his Mum'd love it.

No waaay that isnt the painting of him in that strange little clip of him in the new The Mans Machine video at 2:26 is it?
Bugle

Postby BlakeEverhart » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:46 pm

[quote="airfix-fighter"]

I thought he just did a US tour? I don't know. I don't pay enough attention.

Hasnt been here since 2007
BlakeEverhart

Postby StrawberryFields » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Bugle wrote:
airfix-fighter wrote:I thought he just did a US tour? I don't know. I don't pay enough attention.

No waaay that isnt the painting of him in that strange little clip of him in the new The Mans Machine video at 2:26 is it?

I was wondering exactly the same thing!! Is that the picture?
StrawberryFields

Postby abbacus123 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm

at the gig at the electric ballroom i went in with jamies cousin shauna,she asked jamie to chuk me and my mate on the guestlist,but wne we turned up we wernt on the list,so shauna called up jamie and he came from backstage to the front door to get us in .then gave us backstage wristband fthingys and i was jus chillin wiht him in the bar after, hes an ace fella
STELLAVISION !
abbacus123

Postby GeorgeT » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm

ive met him loads of times cos we drink in the same bars and live in the same town ect. he is always cool with being approached i try not bother him too much though.
GeorgeT

Postby airfix-fighter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 pm

StrawberryFields wrote:
Bugle wrote:

Oh, no. No it isn't. :)
airfix-fighter

Postby park11 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:31 am

airfix-fighter wrote:
StrawberryFields wrote:
Bugle wrote:

Oh, no. No it isn't. :)

I'm pretty sure there must be a couple paintings of him floating around.
For that to be the one you were talking about would be way too coincidental.

I like the shot of him spraying the crowd in water...
He did at Brisbane, I was right in front of him at the time and got drenched. Bloody ace. XD
park11

Return to All Things Jamie T