Running Round The Town - With Lyrics

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Running Round The Town - With Lyrics

Postby Bugle » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 pm

New free track. Link is on the front page with rescheduled dates.

Ooooooooooooooooh I like it!

Updated with Lyrics.

Here are the lyrics, the few underlined areas are the bits I wasnt too sure about. Sorry that its not punctuated properly or anything.

Well it starts and it ends in 25 minutes, I met a man down in Waterloo, Casual dressed to impress I guess the women that he wants to know, Its the trail on the Sout West rail that prevail had a lot to do it too, Young men I know went toe to toe over young girl that he knew, Well she starts in the park with a heavy heart and waited till her lips turned blue, waiting in show she blamed it on the snow and fell into a bag in your shoe, The cocaine fast lane has taken my old flames and now its taken my new, Well I dont blame no game players made their own name now Im blaming you, Call on me when your heart breaks down Im never to busy to come out running round the town, So call on me when you need to be found never to busy to come out running round the town, As it starts getting dark we hear the dogs bark I guess burglar Bill's been killed, And as sharp as his wits Danny's never been kissed by the girls who live up on a hill, He says cigarette butts bad luck like the robber I dont think Ill ever feel, Accept it expensive and looking so objective is all I know how to do,Call on me when your heart breaks down Im never to busy to come out running round the town, So call on me when you need to be found never to busy to come out running round the town, He said when Im gone will things carry on they same as they ever do, Jumping red lights racing Saturday nights into Sunday afternoons, Getting high as the sky while the rumours fly, TV in the living room shows bombs getting dropped and people getting shot in lands that he never knew, Call on me when your heart breaks down Im never to busy to come out running round the town, So call on me when you need to be found never to busy to come out running round the town.

Voila!
Last edited by Bugle on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bugle

Postby Gusbus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:35 pm

standard upbeat skank really, am very fond of it. has the same kind of effect on me as Sticks N Stones or Direction Home :)
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Postby AlienBiohazard » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Me too, me too! It's awesome!
Logically though, what isn't awesome when it comes from Jamie.
Stone, glass, concrete and gravel.
All we got to keep us together!
AlienBiohazard

Postby aidan261 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

I like it, sounds kinda different, I thought it sounded a bit Smiths-esque in parts and a bit Stone Rosesy in other parts, its good anyway!
It's all been done before and, we do it again.....
aidan261

Postby Kings&Queens » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:49 am

i love the song even though the vocals get a little annoying after a while.
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby Gusbus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:34 pm

does anyone want to have a go at guessing the lyrics?
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Postby MrsPolly » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Yay! Great news! Can't wait to know when the belgian show will be rescheduled!

I can't download the song, my computer is shit!!!
MrsPolly

Postby Bugle » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Here are the lyrics, the few underlined areas are the bits I wasnt too sure about. Sorry that its not punctuated properly or anything.

Well it starts and it ends in 25 minutes, I met a man down in Waterloo, Casual dressed to impress I guess the women that he wants to know, Its the trail on the Sout West rail that prevail had a lot to do it too, Young men I know went toe to toe over young girl that he knew, Well she starts in the park with a heavy heart and waited till her lips turned blue, waiting in showshe blamed it on the snow and fell into a ????????, The cocaine fast lane has taken my old flames and now its taken my new, Well I dont blame no game players made their own name now Im blaming you, Call on me when your heart breaks down Im never to busy to come out running round the town, So call on me when you need to be found never to busy to come out running round the town, As it starts getting dark we hear the dogs bark I guess burglar Bill's been killed, And as sharp as his wits Danny's never been kissed by the girls who live up on a hill, He says cigarette butts bad luck like the robber I dont think Ill ever feel, Accept it expensive and looking so objective is all I know how to do,Call on me when your heart breaks down Im never to busy to come out running round the town, So call on me when you need to be found never to busy to come out running round the town, He said when Im gone will things carry on they same as they ever do, Jumping red lights racing Saturday nights into Sunday afternoons, Getting high as the sky while the rumours fly, TV in the living room shows bombs getting dropped and people getting shot in lands that he never knew, Call on me when your heart breaks down Im never to busy to come out running round the town, So call on me when you need to be found never to busy to come out running round the town.

Voila!
Bugle

Postby StrawberryFields » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Bugle wrote:Well she starts in the park with a heavy heart and waited till her lips turned blue, waiting in showshe blamed it on the snow and fell into a ????????,
Voila!

As stupid as it sounds, I think he says "and fell into a bag in your shoe"... Does that make any sense? Is there again a hidden meaning I'm not getting or something like that?

oh yeah, Aidan, I think the beginning of the song is very Roses-que :wink:
StrawberryFields

Postby Bugle » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Yeah your right it does sond like that not sure about hidden meanings. Ill update the lyrics in the orignial post.

Actually yeah the double meaning, people often keep their drug baggys in their shoes, maybe it has something to do with that, ahhhhhhhhhh and the snow (slang for cocaine) it starts making sense now.

Sorry just had one the lightbulb moments.
Bugle

Return to All Things Jamie T