burying his head into the sand

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Postby Bugle » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Kings&Queens wrote:
Bugle wrote:
Kings&Queens wrote:they were all either drunk or stoned or both. of course they're allowed to do whatever the fuck they want but everybody paid money to see them so it's rude to turn up drunk/stoned.

Trying being a Peter Doherty fan and dragging yourself along to those shows. Its'a not easy but its worth it........ most of the time

but with Pete you always expect the worst right?

Well that depends entirly if you are a 'glass half full' or 'half empty' character my dear fellow.
Bugle

Postby AlienBiohazard » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:04 pm

pacemaker-sean wrote:I agree not with the us tour, He has just toured and before that he was really ill give the guy a break

Actually he wasn't all that sick, he said so himself. He was feeling fine and was ready and happy to go back on stage. It's just that his doctor said that if he'd do that he would seriously (permanently) damage his voice.
So the "really ill" isn't really in the right place here.

But really, I'd say he should do whatever he wants right now.
He might as well go live under a rock as long as the festival season hasn't started. As long as he's happy really.
Stone, glass, concrete and gravel.
All we got to keep us together!
AlienBiohazard

Postby Kings&Queens » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Bugle wrote:Well that depends entirly if you are a 'glass half full' or 'half empty' character my dear fellow.
i didn't mean it in a bad way
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby GeorgeT » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:39 am

jamie has only ever played a handful of shows sober anyway. stop being a dick. he loved playing brixton anyway who wouldn't. any1 who is questioning him hasnt been a fan of him long enough to know what hes like
GeorgeT

Postby AlienBiohazard » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:27 am

GeorgeT wrote:jamie has only ever played a handful of shows sober anyway. stop being a dick. he loved playing brixton anyway who wouldn't. any1 who is questioning him hasnt been a fan of him long enough to know what hes like

Whoa! Aren't you being awfully defensive.. I don't see anyone on here questioning Jamie. But just as any other human being Jamie has bad days. And bad days may result in not so great shows. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And I'd say it are exactly the people who know and are fair enough to recon he can do better that are the fans here.
Oh and there's a difference in not being sober and being wasted.
So I don't know who you're talking to when you say he/she should stop being a dick because the only one I see acting like a dick in this thread is you.
Also I don't see anyone saying he didn't love playing Brixton. We all heard the recorded gig and the happiness was recognizable even in his voice.
So please, if you have nothing decent to say or at least something that makes actual sense (it's almost like you were drunk when reading this and posting that vomit of words you would like to pass of as a comment) just stick with reading the forum.

Sorry if you feel attacked now and suddenly get the need to attack me back ;)
It won't help. It's a confidence thing.

And now over to a slighty related issue.
What's with all the bitching on here?
Isn't Jamie and our "love" for him the real reason we're on here? Since we're all fans and we want to share and enjoy his music together?
Then why is it that people still feel the need to tell each other that they are dicks or something like that? What does that add to the music experience? Why do some feel attacked when Jamie gets a not so great review?
Seriously?! I mean the guy has a pretty solid fanbase. All those people aren't just going to leave when they see something bad about him. (I would like to point out John Mayer's recent slip up's in a certain playboy interview. And yet his shows are still sold out)

So what I basically want to say after all that ranting is, RELAX!
There are a lot of things in the world that are worse.
(and yes I realize that this collides with my reaction but I'd figured if I could just get even one person to realize how the people in this world tend to sweat the little things and don't even pay attention to the larger problems it was well worth the trouble)

(I doubted for a second whether I had to post this or not but then I figured screw it. I'd love to see the reactions this might get. Whereas it's a bit more dramatic as I intended it to be. But ah well..)
Stone, glass, concrete and gravel.
All we got to keep us together!
AlienBiohazard

Postby BlakeEverhart » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:49 am

Jamie Fucking T rocks!!

peace
BlakeEverhart

Postby Gusbus » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 am

hahaha
amen!
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Postby Bugle » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Kings&Queens wrote:
Bugle wrote:Well that depends entirly if you are a 'glass half full' or 'half empty' character my dear fellow.
i didn't mean it in a bad way

I know you didn't mean it a bad way old chum. Sorry Im just in a wierd mood.

I love this heated debate.

Maybe Jamie T is just really really unhealthy and cant stay on the road for long periods of time....... I kid. He has been on the conveyor belt for long enough what with releasing and album, radio station visits, touring to deserve a decent amount of time off.
Bugle

Postby Chardelli2 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Its like Jeremy Kyle on here, I was half expecting a "Im not racist but..." from someone.

He'll be back in the limelight sooner or later or maybe never. A bit of time off is definitely good.
Yeah man you can can!
Chardelli2

Postby Bugle » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:16 pm

He isnt really taking any time off, he already has string of summer dates.....

Glastonbury, TITP, Oxegen, Melt, Dockville, V Festival.
Thats 7 gigs he's playing already. Two warm-up gigs too makes 9.
So he's given himself 9 dates for the summer already. So considering he has only just finished a UK and European tour he isnt really taking alot of time off at all and definitly not 'burying his head into the sand'.

Im almost certain we will see him play a few more dates before the end of 2010. I dont know whats going on with the USA though, cant help but to feel for you.

Anyone remember the interview we said he would be busy all year round but much may be 'behind the scenes'.......................take a think about that one.
2011 we may well start hearing whispers of new releases again.

The future is bright and looking busy enough.

Chardelli2 wrote:Its like Jeremy Kyle on here, I was half expecting a "Im not racist but..." from someone.

Im not the dad it was only a one night stand and the rubber was only a month out of date! Dont be asking me for money! I never slept with your mother neither. I gave up the ol' crack aswell honest. I din't do nothin' wrong you dont even know me!
Bugle

Postby Gusbus » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:41 am

Chardelli2 wrote:He'll be back in the limelight sooner or later or maybe never.

for some reason, that mad me really sad...
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Postby Kings&Queens » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:45 pm

GeorgeT wrote:jamie has only ever played a handful of shows sober anyway. stop being a dick.
what the fuck man? i didn't say i didn't like it. i just think it's rude to go on stage completely fucked because you smoked too much weed. i paid lots of money so see him so i was kinda disapointed but like i said it got better at the end.
Last edited by Kings&Queens on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby Bugle » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 pm

GeorgeT wrote:jamie has only ever played a handful of shows sober anyway. stop being a dick. he loved playing brixton anyway who wouldn't. any1 who is questioning him hasnt been a fan of him long enough to know what hes like

Dont be a stoopid head. There is a definite line a performer should not to cross before going on stage. Jamie is normally fine but it sounds like when he played Amsterdam he over did it slightly and this it damaged his performanced.

Ive seen The View a few times and their normally pretty drunk but its fine. One time though he Kyle was so wasted he could barely stand let along sing and play guitar. He slurred through two songs then just went. That doesnt mean 'Oh they always play drunk its fine'.....................

As an entertainer they have a RESPONSIBILITY to be in a fit state to perform.
Bugle

Postby Chardelli2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:46 pm

"You don't even know me!" Thats a classic. Its used against all sorts of people family members, people they've not had sex with, people in the crowd, Jeremy Kyle, their wives/husbands. Does anyone know them? They've definitely got hidden beautiful depths.

Chardelli2 wrote:

He'll be back in the limelight sooner or later or maybe never.

for some reason, that mad me really sad...

I was only joking mate, im sure he'll be back in the limelight. Life goes on was my point. 5.40am? Heavy night?
Yeah man you can can!
Chardelli2

Previous

Return to All Things Jamie T