why such a long absence

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

why such a long absence

Postby jop » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 am

do you think jamie's lengthy time out signifies a lack of creativity or just laziness. personally i am of the opinion that taking a nearly three year break after releasing only 2 albums is a huge mistake that has probably harmed his career a great deal. he was gathering so much momentum before his sabbatical and while he might not have risen to the level of the beatles, it was possible that he could have gained an even bigger audience than he has already, especially since as he put's on such a good live show. To stop touring for so long at the near start of your career can be fatal for a act, so much time has passed that people move on and replace what they got at his shows with something else. the quicker he gets this new album out the better.
jop

Re: why such a long absence

Postby Lips » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:27 pm

personally, i think someone like jamie is probably always writing, but has just been sitting on his songs for a long time, making sure they are just right. he certainly doesn't rush things. i don't think he cares all that much about having a large following. i think he'd rather wait and put out a great album and lose fans by taking so long than quickly putting out an album he's not totally happy with and it sucking.

i know NME put out an issue this week of New albums coming out in 2013. and part two will come out next week..so if anyone buys NME maybe they can check in these two issues if jamie is mentioned.

I've gotten to a point with bands like Jamie T and The Cure where you just have to learn to wait, and then wait some more, and then some more, and then..
x
Lips

Postby s_kimish » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:36 am

makes it all the more worth it when he finally comes back though ey?
s_kimish

Postby hairy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:52 am

We just waited 22 years for the My Bloody Valentine follow up so lets hope its not as long with Jamie.

I come on here every so often hoping to find some news about what Jamie is up to and get disappointed every time.

In these days of social media overload I find it arrogant that we hear nothing at all about Jamie apart from helping Tim Timebomb with the chorus in some song, should that be the only news I can find in three years? If he doesn't do social media what about his management, label or members of the band, Bones for example. Dont get me wrong, I am not a great fan of twatter etc but just a few words to tell us he is writing would be great or he hopes the album will be out in 2018.

Arrogant is how I put it but I will always be excited for the next release so maybe its more impatience on my part.
hairy

Postby Mr_Gosh » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:01 pm

hairy wrote:If he doesn't do social media what about his management, label or members of the band, Bones for example.

Seems appropriate to mention that on September 17th 2012 I posted a message on the mod board saying...

"Is this forum still an active means of communication to the powers that be? What's the status of Jamie, et al.?"

...Not only has it received 0 replies, but also 0 views.
Mr_Gosh

Postby aidan261 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 am

It's a bit depressing when you come on here looking to see if there's any new developments and seeing that the last post on the website was from June 2010. I was listening to a few of b sides yesterday, Back to Mine for a Moonshine and a few others. Still fresh and I still love them but I'd love to hear at least one new song. Has anyone heard anything at all?
It's all been done before and, we do it again.....
aidan261

Postby Lips » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 am

sadly nothing. i can only confirm that jamie is keeping everything very tightly under wraps and so far, it's hard to see any signs if anything is even in the works, but who knows, it could be just tomorrow and we hear something new. it's a case of sit and wait, and wait and wait with jamie t.

if you really want some possible rumours/gossip, there may of been some filming for a video done late last year but i really don't know how true that is.

one thing i hope JT is aware of is that with this Rancid song now out a lot of people are thinking that Jamie T is back and about to get back into action, which may not be the case, he might not put something out for ages yet. He should canny get a move on though. Before we know it we'll be reaching the 4 year mark since his last album (come Sept this year that will be the case! fuckin' heck!)
x
Lips

Postby Bugle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:00 am

I saw Turbogeist (half of JT's band) in Sept 2011 I think it was, we all ended up going out with the band afterwards and one them said Jamie was out in America recording his album with Tim Armstrong of Rancid.

That's nearly 2 years ago though so fuck knows what happened.
Bugle

Postby Bugle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 am

Oh and also he has a shaved head these days.
Bugle

Postby Lips » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:59 pm

also, is Luis still in the band?

only just seen this video (from 2010) where Jamie says it's Luis' "last club show with the band"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7sv7d_vasY
x
Lips

Postby jop » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:21 pm

record company's are always complaining about piracy destroying music but i think if such a little known act can afford to take five years off then things cant be that bad can they. if lennon and mcartney would have done that, i wouldnt be mentioning their names now because nobody would have heard of them, bands used to have to work very hard for very little pay off. the music business complains a lot about the internet but it allows artists to be far less hard working as artists before the internet.
jop

Postby ben bones » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:31 am

HI
I'm no abacus, but you can count on me.
ben bones

Postby GeorgeT » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Any news Ben?

Jamie T related of course, don't respond with 'Margret Thatcher is dead'
GeorgeT