Social Media and the demise of fan forums

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Social Media and the demise of fan forums

Postby Gusbus » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:18 pm

I have very fond memories of this forum. I find visiting this site incredibly nostalgic as in some ways it encapsulates the latter years of my teenage experience. It was once a genuine community. I hadn't been on here for rather a long time, but upon the re-emergence of the enigma that is Jamie T I started visiting the site again on a semi-regular basis. Quite frankly, I have been disappointed with how completely and utterly dead it is on here and this has got me thinking; is the demise of fan forums linked to the rise of social media? Once upon a time I would come here for the latest news and gossip about Jamie but I fear twitter, Facebook and blogs in general have completely replaced the role that fan forums used to play in following artists.

Or perhaps people have simply forgotten this forum and moved on? I feel like I have but something keeps bringing me back.
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Re: Social Media and the demise of fan forums

Postby jop » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:53 am

most music forum activity is dwindling not just on this site. the 5 year absence has really hurt jamie t especially since in the the gap plan b blew up and made jamie seem comical [not in a good way] irrelevant and inconsequential.
jop

Postby Lips » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:39 am

i think its a combination of things

a five year absence, the only mod who has access to accept new people doesn't (people have tried to join the forum but they aren't being accepted), social media.

i miss the forum too. fan forums are really nice things.
x
Lips

Postby s_kimish » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:53 pm

It really is sad.

It's a fallacy to think that social media and fan forums can't coexist but it's one that record labels seem to believe. I've had people tracking me down on Facebook just to let me know that they've tried signing up to the site.

We need a new mod.
s_kimish

Postby airfix-fighter » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:35 am

There's not even a link to this forum on his website.
airfix-fighter

Return to All Things Jamie T