Zane Lowe show/mixtape

For general Jamie T discussion..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Zane Lowe show/mixtape

Postby primekuts » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:08 pm

Heard Jamie-T on Zane Lowe show last night and was blown away!! was at work at the time, had to literally drop me tools and listen!
Listened to the two tracks on the website, also bloody awesome!
Ordered a copy of the single from rough trade, would love a copy of the mixtape if anyones got a copy to copy?
...get up and go-go, say hello shahwaddywaddywahwohwoh..
primekuts

Postby jonnysatellite » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:49 pm

Exactly the same happened to me... was sat there having my dinner then this music started... fucking floored me! Once in a generation mate.
if the wind changes direction you'll fucking stay like that!
jonnysatellite

Postby StopLookingAtMeFunny » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:47 pm

This girl has a cheeky little computer, always playin up, so i dont get to listen to internet tracks, did just hear the zane lowe show, very strange indeed as i hardly ever listen to it.tried rammin a tape in to record it, but no, i was just not fast enough...
StopLookingAtMeFunny

Postby primekuts » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:05 am

Zane was good tonight (03/11), had a new bands special, played Jamie-T again and that tune gets better every listen!
Anybody got any ideas if any gigs are planned in the north, i know he's touring with Mystery Jets at the mo.
primekuts

Postby Charly » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:00 pm

More dates are being planned for the new year - gigs will be posted here on the website as soon as they are confirmed. Jamie is performing 3 dates with the Mystery Jets in Reading, Tunbridge Wells and Cambridge - see the dates page for more details.
Ta
Charly

Nottingham

Postby RossNotts » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:32 am

Charly,
any possibility you could get back to me on a Nottingham gig?
I emailed you with a date and some details (tudor_rats@hotmail.co.uk)
Cheers.
RossNotts

Postby Abby » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:39 pm

I heard jamie for the first time on zane low, was so impressed had to get the vinyl, now all i need is something to play the vinyl on so that I can hear it! This is turning out to be a very expensive new favourite artist, im gunna have to buy a record player!
Jamie-T is most definetly the best thing since sliced bread!
Abby

Postby primekuts » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:13 am

I have the same problem, got me vinyl sat here and no turntable to play it!
From the tunes i've heard Jamie-T deserves to be huge, Zane Lowe is doing his bit, played it again tonight (with all the backwards swear words!), a friend reckons he sounds a bit like Alex turner (arctic monkeys), What music are people into here, I'm listening to - The Clash, Soulwax, Babyshambles, DJ Shadow, the Cribs and The Feeling...
primekuts

Postby go_onmyson » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:02 pm

yeah he does sound like the arctics frontman... i thought that an all

music lover here - lovin all u said and more - just checkin the new babyshambles album at mo, and likin it (although its no up the bracket). the man gets way too much bad press and people forget that hes actually a songwriter + musician too!

if u like ur shadow get urself onto a bit of blockhead, RJD2, bonobo, quantic... love most stuff on grand central and ninja, specially aim (if u ever heard cold water music u'll know what i'm sayin)... warp is good label too

far as hip-hop goes - likin jamie T obviously, but jehst, braintax, taskforce, aspects are all shithot, and ppl like J5 if u go across the pond!

enough info?? now discuss! lol

peace
go_onmyson

Postby primekuts » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:16 pm

Cheers I'll try to check some of them out, so much good music about lately though, Babyshambles are on "Later with Jools Holland" this friday if you're interested....
primekuts

Postby go_onmyson » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:52 am

yeah its good to see a bit of an influx of talent after so many years where there was very little.. (i'm talkin late 90s early 00s) will definitely be watchin or tapin the shambles on jools - if ur interested in seein an honest review of the album look here:
http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews ... bion.shtml

far as jamie t goes, do u know if theres any mp3 tracks lurkin about? i found one with limewire but i'd rather pay for them and stick some cash in jamies pocket for it!

peas
go_onmyson

Postby go_onmyson » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:02 pm

nice 1 charly, got tape 2day... fuckin ledge
peas
go_onmyson

Postby maximus » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:39 pm

go_onmyson wrote:far as hip-hop goes - likin jamie T obviously, but jehst, braintax, taskforce, aspects are all shithot, and ppl like J5 if u go across the pond!

enough info?? now discuss! lol

peace

Im also into braintax,taskforce (music from the corner vol 4 is out in january) and jehst,
Phi Life Cypher Mc Life, is the best and most underrated hip hop mc in this country,does anyone here like phi life cypher or Plan B
maximus

Immense

Postby pamgee » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:29 pm

Any word of Selfish Sons being released on CD? I can't seem to find it anywhere to download either it's doing my nut in!! Have been harrassing Zane Lowe's inbox on a daily basis to try and get Back In The Game played as often as possible - and keep getting in trouble at work for blasting it out on my lunch break!! He sounds absolutely amazing - anyone heard of Cat Empire - his voice is a bit like their lead singer...
pamgee

Return to All Things Jamie T