Secret gig in London

Chat about Jamie's gigs here. Also details of upcoming gigs..

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Secret gig in London

Postby StrawberryFields » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Win tickets to an exclusive Play.com Jamie T gig!

Following his Mercury Prize-nominated debut album, Panic Prevention, Jamie T pipped Jarvis Cocker and Thom Yorke to win the 2007 Shockwave NME Awards, and now the enigmatic South-Londoner release his sophomore record, Kings & Queens. With a huge weight of expectation thrust upon him, JT has managed to carry the burden like a true colossus, doing what he did on the first album, but even better. Without even an inch of fat, Kings & Queens' 43-minute runtime flies by amidst a cacophony of savvy samples, British folk, alienation, heartbreak, and more. Is there anything this modern day Joe Strummer cannot do?

To prepare for the release of Jamie T's Kings & Queens on September 7th, we've teamed up with the musical maestro to offer you the chance to win one of 60 pairs of tickets to an exclusive Play.com gig at a secret location in West London. With only 120 Play.com winners in attendance, this intimate gig will see Jamie T premier brand new cuts from the album. This is one prize fit for a king - or a queen for that matter!

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1140493 ... oduct.html

Fuck!! It's on 9th September!! :cry:

See if anyone from the forum can attend this and tell us unlucky people about it! :wink:
StrawberryFields

Postby Kings&Queens » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:12 pm

that's so cool. i bet Lips is going to this one. :wink:
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby mjpzx2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Says the competition closes on the 1st :( I applied anyway just in case :P
mjpzx2

Postby StrawberryFields » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't see the deadline. Strange though, cos I knew about it through the newsletter, and that was sent yesterday!
According to the terms and conditions, winners must have been contacted already... So, is anyone here a winner? :wink:
StrawberryFields

Return to Gigs