The Libertines

For discussion on other bands...

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

The Libertines

Postby Bugle » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 am

So the Libertines are back together and playing Reading. I am a maaaaasive Libertines fan but Im not too sure I like this. I love Babyshambles and hope that Peter doesnt just shelve them. Also choosing to come back at Reading Im not too keen on this based purely on prinicipals, they said they wouldnt do it for the money but it looks like they gave in. Reading has to be the worst most commercial festival around full off little kiddies who conversation is simply about how 'wasted' they are and has line up jammed full of terrible American bands. Even if the Libertines do play well at Reading I cant help but think it will be wasted on much of that crowd.

If they tour or do any warm up gigs then Im there straight away, Im not convinced its a great move though. Things were better of left in the past.

Rant over.

Opinions?
Bugle

Postby Kings&Queens » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:27 am

i don't know much about The Libertines but my sister is a big fan. when i heard they get 1.5 million pounds to play there i thought the same thing. it would have been better if they decided to do a comeback and play at another less massive festival or maybe at an European festival
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby Bugle » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:30 am

Anywhere from The Rythm Factory to Glastonbury I would have been happy with, with the exception of V Festival that would have been just as bad. Just the fact its Reading.............really not for the money? I think not.

The good ship Albion sinks......?

P.S. Jamie T's front page is down for everyone else yeah?
Bugle

Postby Kings&Queens » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:28 am

Bugle wrote:
P.S. Jamie T's front page is down for everyone else yeah?
yep
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby airfix-fighter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Damn. I was hoping Pete would be dead and/or in prison before this happened.
Yes, dead AND in prison is an option.
airfix-fighter

Postby Katie Pottage » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:36 am

airfix-fighter wrote:Damn. I was hoping Pete would be dead and/or in prison before this happened.
Yes, dead AND in prison is an option.

Funny. :roll:

I am very happy about this. There's a really good video of a little press conference type thing they did last night, with some clips of them playing a couple songs. It's sweet.
Unfortunately it's on The Sun's website and has a misleading title. Pete was clearly joking when he said that, if you watch the video.
Anyway, it's here Bugle, if you haven't seen it: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... -bill.html
Katie Pottage

Postby Katie Pottage » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 am

But yeah, I agree about not wanting Babyshambles to split up.. Apparently they are releasing their third album before Reading/Leeds though.. According to the NME anyway. Can't really see that happening but we'll see, I guess.
Katie Pottage

Postby Gusbus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:21 pm

i'm going to reading. libertines is going to be massive. although they'll probs be shit, the principle is pretty cool! i've got alot of love for pete doherty (even though he's a massive fuck up)
i aint no abacus, but you can count on me
Gusbus

Return to Other Bands