MP3 Sharing

For general chat...

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

MP3 Sharing

Postby Mr_Gosh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Okay, this has been cropping up all over the threads and frankly it's annoying me and probably everyone else. So here's the "official" ruling that was given to the moderators...

No new JT music MP3s are to be put up on the site.

Obviously this can be taken to mean that no MP3s are to be put up at all. I stated my unhappiness at this and mentioned that we've always been respectful to Jamie and we don't put up any official, purchasable songs. The closest was when the b-sides were added to the old MP3 thread, but this was a LONG time after the singles were released and were presumed to be hard to come by.

I like to think that we're still respectful and that the songs we're putting up are live versions that have been taken from already free, online streams. Does having these saved really hurt Jamie? Are we not going to buy the album because we've got different versions of the songs knocking about? Not at all. I think most of us who were here from before the first album already had the album in demo and live form. We still bought the album. Of course we did.

So my request is that live and hard-to-come-by songs continue to be posted. Including those that are available on foreign iTunes because, for the most part, they're not lost sales at all. We wouldn't be getting them anyway.

If anyone disagrees, please let me know. Admin and Ben, I'm looking at you.
Mr_Gosh

Postby BlakeEverhart » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:01 pm

well said man
BlakeEverhart

Postby tpot69 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:32 pm

I concur

There are not that many users on this site so i do not see how upping a few live songs or iplayer rips is gonna hurt anyone. Mr T will surely become a multi millionaire in the near future so unless he actually posts on here forbidding it i say game on.

GOSH for king, Hurrah
tpot69

Postby airfix-fighter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:39 pm

tpot69 wrote:GOSH for king, Hurrah

You wouldn't know what you'd be letting yourself in for...
airfix-fighter

Postby tpot69 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05 am

it would be alright if he was king , i guess he has a Good Of Sense Humour ! See what i did there
tpot69

Postby Mr_Gosh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Administrator wrote:Hi Guys,

Kings&Queens PM'd me for further clarification on file sharing, so here it is...

With regret Jamie-T.com's position is that under no circumstances can audio files be distributed on his official forum, whether they've been commerically released or not..

So there you go, guys. No more MP3s. Join me in welcoming the loss of live tracks and the possible death of a forum.
Mr_Gosh

Postby airfix-fighter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:10 pm

WHAT THE FUCK?
I think we should still post anyway. Because that is actually the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
Mutiny!

EDIT: To be honest, I'm getting really annoyed about all this file sharing shit. Not just on here, but everywhere. It just seems to me that it's all going a bit overboard. I'm tempted to do a little fansite and fill it with un-released mp3s. I might.
airfix-fighter

Postby Lips » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:34 am

airfix-fighter wrote:I'm tempted to do a little fansite and fill it with un-released mp3s. I might.

this could work well actually. then we could just say go to www.jamiefansiteairfix.com or whatever to get the mp3 or if you had it in your signature or something. they couldn't edit your signature right? you're just advertising your fan site :)
x
Lips

Postby tpot69 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:05 pm

I would Join
tpot69

Postby airfix-fighter » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi guys. I'd click right here if I were you...
airfix-fighter

Return to Off Topic