Films that go to far (part 16!)

For general chat...

Moderators: Mr_Gosh, jamieontour, Kings&Queens, JamieNaz

Films that go to far (part 16!)

Postby Lips » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:41 pm

So now they are working on Saw 6....anyone else think they should have stopped at the first one?

The first one was brilliant, really raised the bar on a new way of thinking/writing for Hollywood films. But the rest just suck.

People don't know when to STOP when it's still good (as long as they are making big bucks who cares if the plot lines get stupid)

Nightmare on Elm St i've counted 10 in this series, including part 5..where Freddy has a baby :roll:

Scream just heard they are working on a number 4! :shock: Even though they made a big deal about Scream 3 saying how it was the final & the tagline was "The scariest scream is always the last"

Friday the 13th 13, yes, 13! in this series. holy fuck.

Halloween 9 including the remake..i think they are going to remake part 2 aswell.

Thoughts?

What about films that worked well? Aliens series? Phantasm series?
Is it just horror films that make so many series?

What about remakes? Most suck IMO but the 3 versions i've seen of Invasion of the Body Snatchers are all fairly good, enjoyable and I can't complain :)

and in case you got to wondering like i did..
http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question80633.html
wish the same could be said for Never Ending Story ;)
x
Lips

Postby Kings&Queens » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:06 pm

i don't watch films very often because they ALWAYS have a happy cheesy ending.
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby airfix-fighter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Kings&Queens wrote:i don't watch films very often because they ALWAYS have a happy cheesy ending.

Saw.
Reservoir Dogs.
The Notebook.
Pan's Labyrinth.
The Orphanage.
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
Brokeback Mountain.
Seven.
Leon.

I'll stop now.
airfix-fighter

Postby StrawberryFields » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:11 am

airfix-fighter wrote:
Kings&Queens wrote:i don't watch films very often because they ALWAYS have a happy cheesy ending.

Saw.
Reservoir Dogs.
The Notebook.
Pan's Labyrinth.
The Orphanage.
Brokeback Mountain.
Seven.
Leon.

I'll stop now.

Oh, you've mentioned some of my favourite films ever! :D
Yeah, K&Q, there are certainly some films with no happy cheesy endings. That I've recently seen: Map of the sounds of Tokyo, what a tragedy. And not every happy ending has to be cheesy, have you seen Amélie? It's quite funny...
StrawberryFields

Postby Kings&Queens » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:36 pm

StrawberryFields wrote:
airfix-fighter wrote:

Saw.
Reservoir Dogs.
The Notebook.
Pan's Labyrinth.
The Orphanage.
Brokeback Mountain.
Seven.
Leon.

I'll stop now.

Yeah, K&Q, there are certainly some films with no happy cheesy endings. That I've recently seen: Map of the sounds of Tokyo, what a tragedy. And not every happy ending has to be cheesy, have you seen Amélie? It's quite funny...
what's the story of Map of the sounds of Tokyo?
I own earth wind and fire, it breeds the hunger that keeps me on the road again.
Kings&Queens

Postby StrawberryFields » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:23 am

Kings&Queens wrote:
StrawberryFields wrote:
airfix-fighter wrote:

Saw.
Reservoir Dogs.
The Notebook.
Pan's Labyrinth.
The Orphanage.
Brokeback Mountain.
Seven.
Leon.

I'll stop now.

what's the story of Map of the sounds of Tokyo?

Sorry, I didn't see this! Maybe you've already seen the film by now, but anyway... The film is about the relationship a Spanish man and a Japanese girl start out of the weirdest situation: she has been hired to kill him, but instead of that she sort of falls in love with him. I liked it, but there are some scenes that are just too long or plainly useless in my opinion. There are also scenes based just on sounds, or the lack of them, and that makes the film a bit boring for some people, but I liked that.
StrawberryFields

Return to Off Topic